COVID-19 Precautions & Preparations. Our Commitment to You
Written 14th May 2021
Welcoming guests back to Billesley Manor Hotel and Spa has never been far from my mind, and since we closed the doors back in November, I had not lost hope of this being a reality.
The positive to the past few weeks has been the ability to concentrate on refurbishing the hotel and making improvements where needed, and focusing on how and what re-opening will look like for the teams and our guests alike.
We realise that for many of you, there are some concerns when it comes to staying at the hotel; but rest assured our main objective is to ensure that you can ‘Escape with Confidence’. With this in mind, we invite you to read all about the preparations and procedures that Billesley Manor have implemented.
If the information below does not answer your questions or concerns, then please do speak to us directly by telephoning us on 01789 279955, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Billesley Manor soon.
Stephen Fearnley FIH
Billesley Manor has always been synonymous with exemplary standards of service, housekeeping, and health & safety.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have enhanced our exacting standards to a new level across all aspects of our hotel operations.
The changes we have implemented are based on the guidance we have received from HM Government, Public Health England, and the National Health Service, supported by industry specific advice from UK Hospitality.
We can confirm that we have complied with the government’s ‘COVID-19 Secure’ guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 in the workplace. Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance and advice, our internal operating practices and protocols will be continuously reviewed and immediately updated. The information detailed below may therefore change without notice.
As we are managing a Public Health issue, we expect the full support and co-operation of all our stakeholders – our guests, our team, and our business partners. Only through our collective efforts can we successfully combat the spread of COVID-19 and keep each other safe and healthy.
Billesley Manor is, and will, remain private.
To be present on property, you either need to be a guest, a staff member or a pre-authorised (and health-screened) partner. With 71 bedrooms, each designed with privacy in mind, and all of which are set within our 29 acres of parkland, we are ideally suited to allow for more space, naturally.
General Practices & Protocols, Enhanced Cleaning & Disinfection Policies
- Temperature checks will be taken daily before entering the building
- All team members will be required to wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) every 20 minutes
- All team members will be required to stay at home if unwell
- All team members will be required to follow official guidance on self-isolating
- All team members will be required to wear PPE as appropriate
- The team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain social distancing, wherever possible
Our Valued Guests
- Your temperature will be taken at the hotel entrance and if your temperature is 38 degrees or above, unfortunately you will be declined entry and your deposit refunded or your stay re-scheduled.
- Your car will not be valet parked, so you will be required to park your car yourself and make your way to the hotel entrance
- Please respect the social distancing measures in place. We have cleaned your bedroom with extra care and it has been sanitised
- We have placed individual amenity bottles in bedrooms, please feel free to take any away that are partly used as they will be disposed of when you depart
- We have removed non-essential items to minimise any contamination risk
- Please wash your hands when returning to your bedroom
- Cash will not be accepted, unless arranged by prior agreement, credit card details will be required prior to arrival to ensure contactless payment
- Due to the COVID-19 restrictions currently in place, some of our activities, services and facilities are unfortunately limited or not available
- The general manager is responsible for all aspects of our ‘COVID-19 Secure’ operating plan. You can contact the duty manager at any time prior to, and during your stay, should you have concerns related to this or any other matter
- The highest food safety standards will continue to be maintained
- Social distancing measures will be in place in all common areas
- A one-way system throughout the hotel will be implemented where possible
- Signage will be displayed in all common areas to reinforce the social distancing message
- Enhanced cleaning programme in public areas with an increased frequency in disinfection of high touch areas
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at every doorway/key public area (front desk, restaurant, spa, toilets)
- Housekeeping will be available on request only for our guests here for more than one night, guests to vacate room and ventilate prior to housekeeping staff entering
- Additional disinfection will be in place of high-touch room and bathroom areas (Doorknobs, TV Remote)
- The duty manager is our designated, responsible contact person for all staff and guest COVID-19 related queries
- We have flexible terms and conditions for all direct individual bookings, whereby you can cancel 48 hours prior to arrival for a full refund. For group and event bookings, please speak directly to the hotel. Our terms remain the same.
Our Business Partners
- We will be receiving visitors and contractors to site by appointment in advance only
- You will be asked to complete a pre arrival health questionnaire and return it 24 hours prior to arrival
- Your temperature will be taken at the hotel entrance and if your temperature is 38 degrees or above, you will be refused entry
- Deliveries will only be received at the door; suppliers may not enter the premises unless they have an appointment
- Access to back of house areas restricted to staff only. No contractor use of welfare facilities is permitted.
General Practices & Protocols, Food & Beverage
- We have reduced the number of tables in the dining rooms and expanded our outdoor spaces
- We have expanded dining hours during higher occupancy periods
- We will limit table linens and have established strict table/chair sanitisation procedures between guest seating periods
- We have suspended all hot buffets. Breakfast will be available from an a la carte menu
- Salt and pepper shakers will be removed and available on request. They will be sanitised after each use
- We will not accept cash payments unless arranged by prior agreement
- Single use menus will be in place across all outlets, excluding our outdoor outlets. These will have wipe-able menus which will be wiped and sanitised after each use
- The booking of dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea is essential prior to arrival
General Practices & Protocols, The Spa, Guest Experience & Activities
- On opening, the spa will be available to residents and members only
- The booking of swim and gym sessions prior to arrival is essential
- The booking of treatments prior to arrival is essential
- The gym, indoor pool, changing rooms will be disinfected on a regular basis
- Hotel guests will be requested to change in their bedrooms; bathrobes are available in your bedroom
- Hand sanitising stations will be in place in entrance of all areas in the spa and health club
- Gym equipment should be disinfected between each guest’s use by the guest.
- Signage and a procedure will be in place to ensure social distancing is followed
- In spa treatment rooms, all surfaces and fixtures will be disinfected between each client
- Spot mop cleaning and disinfection will be performed on spills when they occur
- All tools and equipment will be sanitised after each client
- Work out mats will be removed
- We will remove all reading materials
- You will be given a towel when you check into the spa
- Valet parking will be suspended until further notice
- The guest laundry service will be suspended until further notice
- Our check-in and out procedures will have limited contact with team members
- Luggage handling, where possible, will be postponed, promoting the safety of our guests and team members
Our team’s commitment to you
All team members are required to: –
- Stay home when unwell
- Practice good personal hygiene, including regular hand washing
- Maintain social distance
- Wear PPE where appropriate
- Follow the hotels COVID-19 Secure operating procedures
- We have staggered our team’s shifts and days of service, and have reduced the total staff count by promoting work from home for those whose roles allow for it
- Our team have and will receive ongoing training
- Our team have new “no contact” protocols – including handshakes
Finally, we ask that as a guest at Billesley Manor you commit to:
If in the unfortunate case you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, and allow us to reschedule your stay.
It is important to note, that for the safety of our guests and the safety of our team, that any guests displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be requested to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home.
We ask that everyone respects the 1m social distancing guidance, not because we do not love you…but because we do!
And finally, please treat our team and your fellow guests with kindness and respect; this is a difficult time for all of us.
We cannot wait to see you soon. Travel safe and stay well.